“You feel very romantic when you’re in a ball gown. Everyone should wear one once in a while.” – Carolina Herrera
Oh Ms. Herrera, I so do agree with you. If I could, I would wear a ball gown more often. Or perhaps I need to create more opportunities to wear one. For those of you wondering what my black ball gown looks like without the jacket, here you go.
A few details about the ball gown:
– It was sewn entirely by hand.
– It took over 100 hours to construct.
– The lace was dyed black 5 times to achieve the darkest color.
– The lace had to be pieced together and then hand sewn onto the tulle of the bodice.
– The eyelash trim had to be individually cut.
– The skirt is made up of 6 layers: 2 layers of silky chiffon, 2 layers of floaty English tulle, 1 satin base layer, 1 lining layer.
HAIR: Becca Means