I met Leslie at Calvin College during our Senior year. We were in the same Statistics & Research Design class as well as Fundamentals of Research & Practice class. There are a few things that I specifically remember learning about Leslie during those two classes: she was from Minnesota, was an amazing dancer and was very smart. The funny thing is, I didn’t become friends with her until a few years ago thanks to social media. Yes, social media. Even with Leslie living in the South, I have been able to get to know her and the amazing person she is. She has been an endless stream of encouragement and a wonderful sounding board, full of inspiring ideas and critiques. She is the newest addition to the Jessica Swagman team, but has been a part of my fashion journey from the start. I am so blessed to have her on my team and also as a friend.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Leslie
1. Ever since I was little, I have wanted to be a wood worker. I love making things and have my own tool box.
2. I have lived in 3 states in the last 4 years: Michigan, Minnesota, where I grew up, and North Carolina.
3. I am an Army Wife and currently live in North Carolina.
4. I have recently become obsessed with Crossfit… the first rule of Crossfit is you always talk about Crossfit. 🙂
5. In high school, I was on the competitive high-kick dance team (it’s a thing in Minnesota) and my special talent was being able to kick myself in the face. On accident.
6. I played hockey for 2 years; you have to when you live in Minnesota.
7. I’m a huge New Kids on the Block fan and I have been to 2 of their concerts.
8. I play the oboe and the piano and want to relearn how to play the violin. In high school, we had mandatory pep band, and since the oboe isn’t exactly a peppy instrument, I was forced to play the cowbell.
9. I love clothes and fashion but I am also really into interior design. I’m obsessed with anything mid-century modern.
10. For the first 7 years of my life I had what my mom calls a “bubble cut,” aka: a bowl cut. When visiting my great grandpa he exclaimed “who is this little boy?” which led to me getting my ears pierced!